Rosboro X-Rim is the first glulam beam manufactured specifically for rim applications.
Heavy timber X-Rim™ glulam is used as a fire stop in floor systems, around stair wells and elevator shafts and it is installed in walls perpendicular to the floor joist eliminating high cost standoff hangers. X-Rim is also specified in stacked framing applications where dimensional stability is critical.
- Is zero camber
- Fits flush with 2×4 and 2×6 framing
- Depths match EWP and conventional framing systems
- Is finished to an industrial appearance
- Is kiln-dried to an average moisture content of 13%
- Is manufactured to tight depth tolerances of -0” / +3/32”
- Is inventoried in shorter more manageable 20’ lengths
- Has reduced installation time
Because X-Rim is a glulam product it is less prone to swelling and moisture related issues than other EWP products like PSL, LVL and LSL because it has less open wood fiber from the manufacturing process.
- Widths: 3-1/2”, 5-1/2”, 6-3/4”
- Depths: 9-1/4”, 9-1/2”, 11-1/4”, 11-7/8”, 14”, 16”, 18”
Also Available with Water Resistant Sealer
Rosboro Sealed X-Rim glulam was specifically developed for rim applications in regions that experience extended periods of rain during construction. Rosboro Sealed X-Rim is coated on all four sides and both ends with Liquid WrapTM sealer, significantly reducing water penetration and minimizing swelling and shrinkage.
Weight Span Calculator
Enter the beam width and depth to lookup the approximate weight (per foot):Enter the type of beam, span, and weight to calculate.Crunch the numbers for your next project!